The last month or so I thought I hadn't been doing a lot and didn't have any artwork to show, but clearing up my painting area yesterday I came across a few things that I had been dabbling with each time I was in the kitchen.
The first one is another version of my wallpaper canvas shown here this was going to be pure white with gold highlighting the raised areas, gave it a few coats of white and then decided to spray it with Moonglow spritz spray, once dry I rubbed the surface with a copper ink pad but it needed something more so got out the trusty Goldfinger and rubbed this on. I liked the finished result and picked it up to take it through to my workroom but had wet fingers and it lifted the colour right off, oops
I decided to over spray again, and my Moonglow had run out, so gave it a wash of Moonshadow Ink. it needs a spray varnish over the top to seal the colour and its finished. It looks like aged wood close up.
Next was a piece of Tyvek from Lynda
I know I started with Adirondack colourwash sprays and some Moonglow Spritz spray.
I just kept adding and then scanned at this stage as I liked it and the Moonglow shows up with a lovely shimmer,
I decided I wanted to add a bit more, so more Adirondack spray and some gold drawing ink dropped on the surface.
Once I started clearing my sewing room I came across these samples, I have been stitching scraps of organza for an idea I have and been trying out different ways of stitching them together, but trying to photograph it is a nightmare.
There is no gold in this piece I don't know why it is showing up
This is nearer the colours but it is a deeper shimmer
This one below I tried to foil, but the glue went straight through so I need to work out how to get it to stay on the organza