Pages

Monday, January 01, 2007

Postcards

I have been on a mission the last few days, as everyone had gone back to work by Wednesday, I was in the unusual position of having the house to myself for a few days over the Christmas period, decided against some much needed cleaning and went into the workroom.
I dragged out my box of old samples, some from early C&G days, others from workshops, painted bondaweb fabrics, stitched pieces, and chopped them up to make postcards, I was on quite a high cutting into these pieces that have hung around for so long, some are 10 years old, so it was high time they got used.
Here are the first six,
Top: Velvet and Felt and Velvet.
Middle: Synthetic Velvet with painted bondaweb and Synthetic Velvet placed over cotton velvet
Bottom: Upholstery Velvet with painted bondaweb

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The turned out great!!

Dianne said...

Wow I love them especially the shinny ones they sure caught my magpie eye.. Well done, and leaving the house work your my kinda gall LOL...

Dianne said...

Love these cards - the gold bottom ones are gorgeous!! The house to yourself - I WISH!! It's 6 weeks of school holidays here...

Purple Missus said...

Like the idea of using up all those bits we produce for C&G. Were these just random samples or were they part of the design process for a finished piece?

Helen in the UK said...

More great cards. I love reusing samples from courses and turning them into postcards and ATCs - gives them a second chance at 'life' :)