Pages

Monday, January 01, 2007

Charms


I joined in a fabric charm swap on Surface Design group and decided I would try a few out, ooh an inch square is tiny, but I made a few to start me off, having more trouble getting the eyelets in, some of these still need the eyelets I think mine are too small. The two bottom ones are fabric cut ready to sew together,
At first I had loads of ideas, but a fabric that looks interesting in a postcard say, does not necessarily look good on tiny scale.
I had never even heard of these charms until last week, so was not too sure what was involved, I think maybe they need to be square, Thought these might give Sue a giggle, take a look at hers they are perfect

6 comments:

sue b said...

okay first of all mine are not perfect and second of all I think yours are great! I like the odd shapes ones. Here's a tip: instead of doing one at a time cut two one inch strips of your fabric 6" or so long, sandwich a piece of timtex between the two with fusible or glue and then satin stitch each long edge. Then cut them apart into squares and stitch the leftover edges. They seem to be easier to handle once the two edges are already stitched, at least for me they are.

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

The charms are intriguing --- what do you do with them when they are done?

Dianne said...

Well I like them the bottom two are lovely, I'm sure working 1in. squares might no be to easy, Sue Idea makes it sound easier..

Dianne said...

These are wonderful Carol. I love the bell shaped ones and the bottom ones are fantastic!!

Purple Missus said...

I too like the bell shaped ones Carol, it makes them a bit more individual.

MargaretR said...

I don't think anyone will laugh at your charms Carol. They are lovely. Not easy are they? I had a go yesterday too, but not worth showing(smile)