Monday, November 13, 2006
Well the last few months I have had ideas buzzing in my head, and have not been able to focus on any one thing, so last week I decided I would choose three things, and prepare all of them ready for stitching. First job was to paint up some brown paper, due to lack of space in this flat, I can't work as I used to, so I set up the table to do one length at a time,paint it, walk away and leave it dry, until I had about six different colours, I used the metallic paint my sons bought me a few years back, lovely and rich texture, it was all from Paint Magic, Joccasta Innes company, I have been far too precious with it.
Some I threw silver leaf scraps while it was wet, some I sprinkled gilding powders (did not work) and others I went back to when dry and sprayed with Moon Shadow Mist, especially nice on the black inked paper, or stamped very subtle colours.
Above are the papers cut or torn into strips.
here the strips are laid on cotton fabric that has been prepared with Bondaweb (Wunda-under) think I spelt this wrong:(
I know the WU has had problems and I am wondering if the Bondaweb has had the same, it was very difficult to get the release paper off.
I covered the strips with baking parchment and ironed to the base there were some gaps so I dug out my bag of foils and ironed really bright colours in the gaps, some stuck to the paint giving a nice distressed look, I had to stop myself getting carried away.
I also found an unopened bag of Fantasy Film, which I bought about 5 years ago, oops,
and, I found my roll of Bondaweb that I was looking for 3 weeks ago, I knew if I bought some more it would turn up.
Next job, narrow zigzag along the strips, ready for hand stitching