Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Its me again

I was getting ready for Helfa Gelf last time I posted, it went well and I sold quite a few things, but I have decided its not for me, and I won't be participating in the future.
The last few years have been great mainly due to the lovely ladies I was exhibiting with in Arial Arts.

Making things to sell is not what I am about,  I like to create as the mood takes me and have lots of ideas for the next few months.

Not much creativity in the last couple of months as I went down with the virus that seems to be affecting everyone this winter, it lasted over 7 weeks and then Christmas was upon us.

 I have decided it is time for me to learn to crochet properly, I can do the stitches, but they never went where I wanted them to go, it is those darn turning chains that get me.
I saw the cosy blanket on
Attic 24 and decided to make one.







My yarn arrived in its own Organza bag.





I chose my own colours and they fit perfectly in my felt basket.



Next step was to wrap the colours around some pegs and put them in order



Ordered some soft grip crochet hooks, so no excuse now.

I saw a good tip on Create and Craft TV, when making a foundation chain, use a hook one size up to create the chain.
I can't tell you how many times I tried to count 198 chains, something or someone distracted me every time, so finally yesterday I did this


I pinned every 10th chain, odds are I am still one short or one too many ...lol

and now onto the next stage..........watch this space :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I can do crochet stitches too but following a pattern is a different story. Love the colours you are working with. Best of luck!

Unknown said...

That is my problem Heather, I can do the stitches but the turning chains are the problem, determined to master it this year :)

XKY France said...

Thank you for such a great post you wrote here and I'm very obliged to write an article here on the benefit of herbal herbs.I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heals my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer. , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967