Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Rusty Fabrics

In the last post back in April, I made a lot of rusted fabrics and papers while I was on the Alice Fox course,  I decided it was time to start using them up along with a lot more rusted fabrics created last year.
First I thought I would make a few more.
(apologies I put Amanda Fox. have now corrected it to Alice Fox)

Fabric wrapped around rusty tin cans


 
Fabric wrapped around 6" nails



A selection of old and new rusty fabrics









The fabric below is a very loose weave easy to stitch into, can't remember the name of it but it is the one used in Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn's DVD, available from ArtVan Go.

I stapled three pieces together before I rusted it then hand stitched in each portion.


I  stapled a whole piece of fabric before rusting for this sample below.



I placed a template over the cloth so I could judge where the stitching would go.








Three hearts ready for Helfa Gelf open studio's next month




6 comments:

margaret said...

guess what I am going to do with my empty tins, yes put them in the garden so they rust, I have one large rusty nail so far in my rusty collection so it will be a while before I can make amazing fabrics like you have

Heather said...

Tinned food from now on! I love those little hearts and what a super stash of fabrics you have for further lovely pieces.

obat aborsi said...

Thank you so much for picking my card as one your winners from the teddies challenge, it is such an honour.
Thank you for all your hard work in making the challenge so successful, it's a shame that the challenge is ending but I can totally understand your reasons and wish you all the best.
Sue xx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
https://essaywritingservice.eu/lab-report/ said...

You don't need to think more how to complete your lab report, because our assignment writing services is operating online!

XKY France said...

Thank you for such a great post you wrote here and I'm very obliged to write an article here on the benefit of herbal herbs.I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heals my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer. , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967