A while ago I showed you this, to save going searching for the pictures I thought I would post them again,
Calico stitched to cotton wadding
Covered in Molding Paste
Black ink and too much bleach
more ink but the bleach kept working
More black ink and walnut ink
A spritz of Moonshadow Mist Tawny Turquoise.
This piece sat around like this for a while and this week I decided to make a little book.
I painted some pelmet vilene and stitched it to the back of the square, I then folded it in half corner to corner.
In my cupboard was a book on Titian, my son had bought it for me from a second hand bookshop while I was doing C&G as inspiration, It had large colour plates on each page and a description on the reverse, I decided it needed a new lease of life. I cut the pages into squares and gave the back of the page a quick paint with acrylic, ready to be decorated at a later date.
To finish off the pages I carefully burnt the edges with a small T-Light, making sure I had a wet cloth to stop the smouldering pages from burning too much.
I attached the pages with a simple stab stitch trapping a black bead on the outside.