Monday, May 12, 2008
After finishing a couple of projects, I have not been able to settle to anything and have been tootling around my work space, moving things around, I did get two big boxes of beads and wire sorted out with everything put into small containers,
The next job was going to be this tray of paints along with two others in the same state, I didn't get very far as I was sidetracked by these new supplies I recently ran out of all my basic paint colours, so had the lovely job of replacing them,
The only new to me colour here is the Interference Oxide Green, and I think I need a giant bottle. I am in love.
I painted up two pieces of calico with a wash of cadmium red deep hue, yellow ochre and raw sienna, I then added the distressed scrim. I used some Golden gel matt medium, but I think its gone off, it had become quite solid, so I added some water and left it a week or so and managed to get a liquid consistency, but its 4 years old, so not sure what the shelf life is on these products once they are open. so ended up just sticking the scrim with the acrylic paint.
I then added some molding paste through a stencil, I did the one below while the paint was wet,and the second sample once it dried, the design is sharper when the paint is dry,
I started adding purple and turquoise in washes to the surface, I wasn't very happy with the results so left it to dry, I dry brushed some copper Luna Lights and then the Interference oxide green, and it came to life, I wish I could capture the wonderful colours the interference creates.
The green streaks are the interference
Molding paste close up. stencilled on dry fabric.
Scrim close up below