Pages

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Cushion


I didn't do the old film and stitch yesterday after all, the foiled samples I made were sitting looking at me and I decided to place a burnt orange organza over the gold foil and machine stitch into it, I love this meandering effect, it makes the organza catch the light with a wonderful glow from the foil beneath, I spent ages looking for an old Chinese coin to put in the centre, and after searching through my big box of beads and bits found this piece from an old necklace, I made a small cushion 8" x 8" and as soon as I had finished found the coin I had been looking for :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the colors in this Carol.

Vicki W said...

Isn't that the way it always happens? I think it looks great - I love the colors and the texture.

Threadspider said...

The coin must be meant for another project. The cushion is really gorgeous.

arlee said...

So rich and decadent!

sharon young said...

Really beautiful, Carol, reminds me of something Elizabethan.

Alis Clair said...

That is just beautiful Carol. Very regal looking I think.

Digitalgran said...

That is really lovely Carol!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Digitalgran said...

HI Carol. My comment us still there so it's OK!