Friday, July 13, 2007
Remember the torso from a few posts ago, well I finally began the makeover.
I have been busy lately with my articles for Fibre & Stitch, and decided I needed a little play time, so I thought I would make a start on the first layer, I could not find my black acrylic anywhere, so used a new tube of Payne's Grey, I used up the whole tube, even to cutting open the tube to get the last dregs of paint, I also ended up getting it on a lot of other things at the same time.
Once I had finished, I moved some stuff and there was my big tub of black paint
After leaving it to dry, I took a picture and although I could see a few specks of the base colour, I was amazed at how much showed up in the photo.
Whilst I was painting the base, which takes some time on the first coat, I was thinking on what I plan to do in the future, back in February my friend Lynda and I talked about doing an exhibition together later in the year, but with the opportunity of our involvement in Fibre & Stitch suddenly coming up in May, we put our ideas on hold.
I now feel ready to start thinking about what I want to do, I have not worked on a series of work, since City and Guild days, and I am looking forward to doing some research and sampling, and really getting my teeth into something new, ready for the new year.
Well back to the painted lady.