Pages

Monday, June 04, 2007

Day Out


On Saturday, we went to Bodnant Gardens
this has to be one of the most beautiful settings in the world,after taking in the beauty of the formal gardens, we then took the trail down into the valley, at the bottom there is an old Mill with these wonderful doors and windows, as I still use a film camera, I have taken a couple of pictures from my husbands collection, to see more shots of the gardens visit his site Photodoodle he has some more pictures on Flickr.
The colours on the stone work were very subtle, I need to make something inspired by these pictures.
I think I may have been thought quite mad, as everyone else took pictures of the panoramic views, I had my head in the undergrowth taking shots of the floor of the flower beds as the Rhododendron were shedding their petals and looked stunning against the dark soil.

9 comments:

Alis Clair said...

Great photo's Carol. Very inspiring. The arches are so lovely.

Angela said...

Beautiful photos Carol, I always find old windows and doors fascinating, with their odd shapes and lovely patinas

NuvoFelt said...

Carol, I can picture it as I read. It is one of the most delightful spots on earth, isn't it.

Digitalgran said...

Just been over to Derek's photos now. Great work.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful garden and photos. I visited your area a few years ago and loved it!

Micki said...

Wonderful window and door photos. People like you are the only way I get to see these wonderous sites.
Thanks for sharing.

Barbara said...

I like doors! This is a very inspirated door! Gorgeous!

Susan Lenz said...

Stunning! Absolutely gorgeous texture and mood.
Susan

feltedfibers said...

love the 'head in the undergrowth' bit - great! dont forget to show photos when you get them developed!