Thursday, March 29, 2007
Doos and Windows Challenge
I started work on my doors challenge with Carol T'sgroup Textilechallenge, we have to use paper, fabric and a found object, I did my base a little differently to usual, I bondawebbed tissue paper and scrim to the pelmet vilene, and then randomly stitched to catch the edges of scrim, I have marked on the back were I need to fold it, the work is larger than shown as it wouldn't all fit on the scanner.
I then did a random paint of various greens and maroon paints in a thin wash,
Once this was dry I did a dry brush of gold and maroon over the whole surface.
The final layer was dry brushed with russet and browns again over the whole surface
next stage will be to maybe stamp over the surface, and then stitch to add the detail.Then I need to mooch through my stash for a found object to suit