Pages

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Machine embroidery


I am working on something, I won't say what just yet, but I thought I would scan this piece of work on soluble, as I am about to dunk it in the water and then hopefully tint it with a tea solution, I have not put any sheer fabric between the layers, which I often do, for the stability, I wanted the crunchy look of just the cotton thread, so everyone cross their fingers, that it holds up to being dunked.
I used a layer of solu-fleece and romeo on top, I like the fact the solu-fleece slides over the base plate easily.

5 comments:

Purple Missus said...

If this is what I think it is, then once it's been dunked it's going to fit in really well with the cover!! Even if I'm wrong its still going to look pretty good afterwards.

Anonymous said...

It's darned cool so far!

Dianne said...

It's looking VERY interesting.

Terri Stegmiller said...

All my fingers and toes are crossed..hope it turns out for you so I can see what it is.

Anonymous said...

I don't know it looks like it's a black and white piece that needs a touch of red and it's looking awesome!