Pages

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Stitch


Here is a close up of the stitch I would do if this was to be a finished piece, I tried stitching and it was very difficult to see the edge of the design, so I tried a gold quilters pencil around the edge of the design much better, I have only stitched a small area, as I did not want to waste my Madeira FS thread, and this is going in the sketch book, but I know I like the effect of stitching the negative space, I like the colour choice, so will record this in my book, for future reference.

6 comments:

feltedfibers said...

fantastic colour and texture! I love the precious FS thread - gorgeous.

Purple Missus said...

These samples have all turned out really well Carol. The colours and textures are stunning and that stitching on the corner has really set the piece off. I think this paper/fabric combination and technique would make an excel.lent book cover

Terri Stegmiller said...

I am finding it very interesting how you come up with each new idea. I wouldn't have thought to add stitching in this way...thanks for opening my eyes.

Digitalgran said...

Lovely new work all round Carol. You seem to be on a roll too. Something in the North Wales air just now?

Dianne said...

This turned out fantastic, the sames are great, with the stitching it is wonderful and I love the colors too..

Helen said...

wow Mags and you seem to be on a roll. very nce effect with stitching the background of the bleach effect. such lovely new year work - very inspirational