Pages

Friday, January 05, 2007

Paper stage 2

This is the piece I was going to paint with black ink, could not find the black, so I dribbled some purple and sepia calligraphy ink over the surface letting it run into the crevices, then rubbed with a large dry brush.if I say so myself, its gorgeous :) I thought I would scan it as soon as its dry, so just under half the area fitted on the scan, not sure if it will show up the subtle purple and browns, what happens next, who knows,This is the one that was going to get the bleach treatment, will go and have a play.


This one I just sprayed with Moon Glow spray, Treasure Island, and it is glowing green and verdigris, I hope this shows up,
Don't forget if you click on the image it enlarges enough to get a better look

11 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Keep going Carol. Don't make us wait until tomorrow for the bleached effect. I wish you had a webcam so that we could watch you doing it!

Unknown said...

Ye Gods, you wouldn't want to see me in creative mode, tatty jog pants, old t-shirt and barely a comb through my hair,
although at this moment there are no paint marks on the pants, how long will that last

Terri Stegmiller said...

Hey Carol...we must be twins...I'm always crafting in jogging style pants and old stained up shirts, and the hair, who knows! These are gorgeous...such deep rich colors. Yummy!

Elizabet said...

hi, I've been trying to do something like this - that is fabric and paper combined - but I don't seem to be able to get it right!
(i'm newish to the world of textile art!)
This is lovely. I'm off to investigate what moon glow spray is!

Unknown said...

Elizabet,coud not find an e-mail link,
If there is anything you want to know just ask, we have all struggled with new techniques, I am a great one for playing and see what happens.

Dianne said...

That moonglow spray looks fantastic!! Great samples.

Kim said...

The dark pages are great. I'm curious to see the beaching, wondering if the colors will separate out.

Anonymous said...

Love the colors in that second piece. I can definitely see that green coming through.

feltedfibers said...

WOW Carol you have been busy, these are fantastic, look forward to seeing the bleachy stage!!

NuvoFelt said...

Bleach with ink is worth the wait! Hope you post them soon

Helen in the UK said...

The colours are coming through on the monitor, but I bet they look completely different for real. Can't wait to see the next stage :)