Pages

Monday, October 16, 2006


This is a close up of one of the sections of the work below, I bonded scraps of hand dyed silk to Pelmet Vilene, I then hand stitched and added, paint, pastels and Goldfinger to the surface. The small corner sections I embossed a design into copper and hand stitched through, I only discovered machining into metal a few months after, Oh if only I had known, it would have saved my poor fingers.

6 comments:

Carol said...

I love this piece and just my colours!

Carol

sue b said...

Hi Carol, for some reason my emails to you keep bouncing back. I fixed the button on my blog to the friends of fiber art ring so you can try it again if you like.

StegArt said...

This is lovely. The colors are beautiful and I love the texture created by your hand stitching.

Kim said...

This is lovely as it is but I'm eager to see what you do to breathe new life into it.

jackie said...

The colours are lovely. If you use tomato paste the inside of the tube is easy metal to stitch into and you can colour it over a flame.Just a suggestion in case you did not know.

Artis-Anne said...

Oh WOW I love this and the colours are fab