Monday, October 16, 2006
This embroidery was one of my pieces from C&G and it used to be on a base of MDF cut the same shape as the panel and about 4" wider all round the edge, it was painted and then crackled and overpainted a deep purple, when we moved to our present address all our possessions were in storage for 8 weeks and something happened to the crackle glaze on the frame, it became very sticky, as it was about 2 years old and had been fine for all this time, I am not sure what happened.
It was all stitched onto pelmet vilene, and so I pulled the work off the base, and ever since it has been moved around my workroom getting in the way, and so I have decided to reconstruct it, I am going to cut the small corners away and make a vessel, I don't know if it will work but it will certainly take up less space.
so I thought I would chart the progress of its deconstruction.
Watch this space :)