Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sketch Book

After signing up for The Art House Sketchbook Project last year, suddenly the deadline was upon me and I hadn't worked on one single page, my husband had sent his book off a couple of days before, and then I heard they had extended the deadline, so on the final day I decided to have a go at doing something with the book.




Originally I had planned on working with molding paste on Lutradur pages, with raised areas and cut away designs, inspired by the history and wonderful carvings in Penrhyn Castle, but with 8 hours to go before the last post I just had to work quickly.



The time restraint meant wet media was out of the question, I coloured the pages with Colour Box 'Chalk' ink pads, the colours don't show up very well in the pictures, these can be used on fabrics and are heat set with an iron.




I used hand made card stencils or metal shapes and a fine nib soldering iron to cut out the shapes.



I added words to some of the pages, it was nearly 6pm when I managed to get a few pictures before packing it up and rushing it down to the post office before the 6-30 pm last post .
phew!

















10 comments:

Gina said...

It looks fabulous Carol

Anonymous said...

Excellent - as ever - love it

Gina said...

Wow, beautiful sketchbook!

Heather said...

Your book is fantastic. You seem to thrive on working under pressure!!

Lynette (NZ) said...

I REALLY LOVE this. I think I will probably share this in my next blogpost, and now I want to go and get out my lutradur & soldering iron :-)

Sara lechner said...

I love this book, Carol. The details you can see through the holes and the colour of the pages!

Linda’s Textiles said...

What a fantastic last minute effort! looks great.
Thanks for your message on the fires.

sharon young said...

Fabulous work Carol, the time restraint obviously gave an edge to the finished sketch book, I love the cut-out pages, the whole thing hangs together beautifully.

Unknown said...

lost connection to you in reader and have missed this beautiful book!! STUNNING!

Ruth Andre said...

Lovely, Lovely Book!!!