The start of a new year is always a time to reflect on what I want to acheive in the months ahead. This year I want to finally work on things planned over two years ago. Life took a big swerve back in August 2016 and continued in this vein for another 18 months, it is only now I feel able to get back into the workroom and start creating again.
This week while tidying up my paint cupboard I found a small tin with lots of snippets of rusted papers and fabrics. Most of the papers were very brittle and did not lend themselves to being stitched down to a background, especially on the machine as the rust was quite loose on the surface and I did not want to risk using my machine.
As I really liked some of the scraps I decided to lay them out and take a picture.
Once laid out I took a photograph and loaded this into the computer, I played around with the filters and liked the Artic and Slate. I printed out all three images.
I chose the Artic image and printed this onto THREADS fabric sheets, a lovely cotton poplin.
The Slate image was printed onto Lazertran transfer paper. Ready to be ironed onto cotton fabric.
While printing out images the printer that does edge to edge decided it didn't want to do the colours in the right order, despite being reset and new inks.
The next batch were put through our basic printer, can't get edge to edge and it kept stopping half way through, I didn't want to waste my fabric sheets so kept putting the same one through a couple of times turning them around so have some images overlapped. I think part of the problem was the fabric sheets were US size and so slightly wider than A4.
I won't throw these away but chop into them to use in future projects.
Meanwhile I intend to work into the samples I do have with stitch and maybe some more colour.
Watch this space.