Pages

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Finished at last

I finally finished this little jumper that I started when my Grandson was 3, he will be 5 in June, good job I made the 4 to 6 yr size :)



Now to find a button! I only need one, but trying to find one to match out of this little lot seemed impossible



Until my DH started sorting them out, he said it was like a jigsaw and he couldn't resist stopping and sorting a few more each time he passed :)









I just finished them off and found the perfect one inside one of those little plastic bags that come with many garments.



My problem now is how do I get them back into the little bag they were stored in without messing them up, the bag slid neatly between two plastic containers in my fabric cupboard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely piece of knitting! ;-) the colours of all the buttons look pretty impressive too

Sandy said...

yes, I know what you mean about organised buttons. I loaned my button box to my friend for a button for her knitting. So, she organised it for me!
well, if I go for a particular colour it is easier to get out the specific plastic bag, but I loose the joy of discovery along the way and the what if it had something totally different!

and i am still getting used to purple being in the red bag. ?
Sandy in Bracknell

lynda Howells said...

love the jumper but have to admit love the buttons more.....swoon..all those buttons! Ha!xx lynda
waving from a very wet putney!

sharon young said...

What a great jumper, and a lovely colour too.
My son did the same job for me when he was about six and kept them sorted for years.
Love the bag.a

Trekky said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who organises their button by colour! :)