Pages

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Peacock shows off

This post has been sitting in the draft folder for a couple of weeks,
We had a quick visit to Bodnant Gardens and look who was at the entrance to greet us that day :)



Going along to the gardens every couple of weeks is a great way to catch things opening ready to bloom into their full glory, loved these ferns just uncurling.






and here they are fully opened, there was a whole bunch of these and they looked just like vessels dotted around, gave me a few ideas



I had forgotten my camera so had to use my phone, to get the inside of the ferns I had to stand on tip toe , lean over and hope the phone was pointing in the right direction, so quite pleased with the result.



I have taken lots of pictures of these two statues ( they face each other and have the bodies of what I think are lions with a woman's head) so I didn't get a full picture and now I can't find them anywhere, but I did get a nice close up of the adornment around the necks





the mill area is a favourite spot and the plants are ready to bloom and reveal their giant leaves



But, they have removed them from around the doorway it just doesn't look the same.



Finally the scaffolding has been removed from the Mausoleum below, it has been covered in scaffold and plastic for the last couple of years



Fabulous door with metal grills to peek inside, there is a stained glass window at the back which highlights the patterned floor and the beautiful marble interior, wish I could get some shots.




I couldn't quite capture the lovely colours on the metal.

2 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Great photos, Carol! Wow, that bird was really strutting his stuff, like performance art!

research papers said...

thanks for sharing.