Pages

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Catching up

Not much creativity around here at the moment, we are giving our kitchen a face lift so the contents are scattered around every room in our flat, worktops are not getting replaced until tomorrow, and my eldest son and his girlfriend are coming for a visit arriving tea time, that should be fun, lets hope my other half can fit the sink back in pretty quickly.
I have had to tidy away all my stuff (mess) in the workroom, so now because I can't I want to go and play in there :)

Thought I would show you my latest vessel, it makes an appearance in the latest issue of WOW
if you haven't checked out WOW try HERE for a free taster






Other happenings in the McFee household, my husbands 60th birthday, this picture was a present from one of our sons, he asked for some old photographs and made this image up, and had it made into a poster.



This close up shows all the old photo's of him and the boys with our little grandson in there too. I love this and can't stop looking at it.




This week I received my August Calendar Girls card from Doreen this scan doesn't do justice to the colours, very soft pastels, its lovely, thanks Doreen.



Here is my card for August to Sandy
layers of green organza in the background with floating hearts and pale blue organza over the top, its quite shimmery in real life.



I also caught up with my ATC's for Aug and Sep. using Lutradur zapped and painted over a layer of foiled pelmet vilene.

3 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

I love your vessel Carol - very beautiful colours and textures. The poster is amazing, no wonder you love it so much, so special, one of a kind and personal

Carolyn

sharon young said...

Pure genius, with Dad's B\day pic, I love it, what a talented son you have, thanks for sharing it.
Good luck with the kitchen, mine has been in need for about 5 years now and I just can't face the time that I'd have to spend on it.

NĂºria Madurell said...

Hi Caro, wonderful work!!!
Are you still interested in trading ATC's?
I'd love to swap with you if you are still interested.
nuria.madurell@gmail.com