Friday, April 27, 2007
Here is a close up of the next layer of the painted lace, I over painted with maroon fabric paint and a dark green acrylic, once it was dry, I tried spritzing it with some Moonglow spray. it doesn't show up on screen but there is a lovely glimmer to the raised areas.
I found the white background was still showing through as the silk paint disperses unevenly on the heavier Lutradur, a nice effect, but not what I was after for this work, and so yesterday before I went out, I turned it, and put a wash of burnt umber acrylic over the back, hoping it would not saturate through and make mud.
It was good job I was going out as I would have been poking and prodding at it all day.
I liked the effect it created, below is a really bad picture of the full length,the close up shows the colours and texture just as they are.
I have now dry brushed a layer of copper paint, and just waiting for it to dry.
and for SueB, Francoise, Lynda and Carol, sorry for obliterating the colour you liked so much, they are the colours I used for Sara's page,I will be using them again I think.