Saturday, January 27, 2007
This is my second attempt at the page for Mag's,for the book page swap on Fiberartfriends. The first one went horribly wrong, I think I was having trouble with the colours, Black base with Reds, Oranges and Yellows,
my first try I painted up some bondaweb, but it looked too gaudy, tried with silk paints, but it vanished on the black, so I foiled over this with a rainbow coloured foil sheet, very bright, I added more bondaweb and a sheer organza which knocked it back a bit, I was going to stitch into some stamped copper, but the second layer of BW did not stick so well, as I pulled the sheer off, half the bondaweb stayed, making a right mess. so I chucked it in the corner.
I had a cup of coffee and started looking round my room, and spotted a small bag that I had made using sweet paper's (candy) and machine wrapped wire, and decided to use this technique, also had loads of papers, in Red, Orange and Yellow, cut them up, covered with black net and stitched the wire, curving and twisting as I went.
Still not totally happy, but the one I have in a deep maroon with metallic threads I like, so it's definitely a colour thing.
I may go and see if I can salvedge the other one, it may work now I an not so stressed about it.