Pages

Sunday, August 27, 2006




Well, the things you find when your looking for something else, trying to find a weekend bag, and came across a bag I made in a Hessian type fabric, with nine of these patches on the front. When I used to go to the Guild Playdays, I never had a project I could carry around and do without having to concentrate. At home, I jump from the machine, to the paint, and then some hand stitching, so I decided to paint up some brown paper, and just stitch bits of newspaper and Chinese papers, I then made up the bag and stitched these to the front, at first I machined them with a zig zag, but this started to undo, while using the bag, so I ended up hand stitching around the edges,
I found a little pile of these papers last week, so may look at doing some more. They are more my colours, I have to confess I am having trouble even starting to stitch the blue and lilac papers. Am I odd, (don't answer this if you know me) or do others find it difficult to work out of their colour range.

5 comments:

Zaz said...

love these little treasures!!!

Carol said...

Carol,

I LOVE it!! The technique would made great fabric postcards and I am looking for something different this time around.

Carol

feltedfibers said...

ooh I remember that bag, its is gorgeous!! I know what you mean about working with different colour ranges and NO you are not odd or if you are I am too :-))

Dianne said...

I love them too, so different, what a great idea that was.. Bet it looks gorgeous in person....

Unknown said...

you're not alone. I have tremendous difficulty working outside my colour range.